Sunday, March 24, 2013

"White Noise" ~ Don DonLillo

 



Don DeLillo, the author of, "White Noise" has amazing detail in the picture he paint's. 
This poem that I have written, is a reflection of his love, passion, and concern for death.
This has been my first attempt to write a poem. 




  Although I am not a fan of poetry, I can appreciate the heart felt meaning and creativity behind it.   Hope you enjoy this piece. 


Life.
I am cloaked in full whiteness.
I am in comfort;I am in peace.
Unwrap me from this white linen shroud, and clothe me with leaves of jasmine and lilies.
Place me in your loving arms... a thought crosses me...
Who will die first?

Death.
It reaches out to us with open arms.
A silent friend whispering in the wind trying to embrace us.
Who will die first?

Death.
I can hear naught but the music of eternity.
So talk not of my departure with sadness in your heart,
for love was our bond.

Who will die first...  Who will die first?

 I will...

Picture Reference: http://www.ehow.com/how_7699283_celebrate-anniversary-death-loved-one.html
This picture reminded me of white noise. So much beauty around him. Love, and passion for
life and his family. Also it symbolizes a fair-well gift after death.

1 comment: