Saturday, February 16, 2013

Rhetorical Analysis - Cocoa-Cola 2012


                                                     Cocoa-Cola Advertisement 2012

                                                               Rhetorical Analysis

            This Cocoa-Cola commercial was very effective. This advertisement target a wide variety
of people for their audience. It related and focused on shear emotion. Varying from simplistic pleasure as a welcoming mat that represents comfort. Someone giving life, by giving blood, and the overwhelming outcome of good out weighing the bad. This well thought out commercial playing off of our caring thoughts and sympathetic outreaches as individuals was placed in this commercial to encourage a soft drink in our hands.
At the end of this marketing tragedy, it shares a moving message, "We all share something in common!" The purpose of this video was to make people think, be emotionally moved, and be blown away with  this companies sympathy towards the worlds problems. "What is more enjoyable than a simple pleasure of a cool, crisp, refreshing beverage like Cocoa-Cola." This clip truly has a strong message within it, and it touches people. In turn encourages people to buy from a company by putting their heart out there. People trust  a company that seems heartfelt, wholesome, and friendly. Cocoa-Cola Advertisement 2012
did just that!

3 comments:

  1. I agree that this commercial demonstrated pathos, an emotional appeal. I didn't connect with the commercial it actually annoyed me. I don't mix emotions however with business, buying decisions, or being influenced. I did like however your take, I just find it a little alarming that sugar water is being sold by appealing to people's emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually connect to Cocoa-Cola advertisements. I must admit that I am a fan of coke and every time a see a new advertisement I get reminded why I always enjoy my drink. The video itself shows that positive and satisfaction you get by coke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never paid much attention to Cocoa-Cola commercials; for some reason they just aren't ever all that memorable to me. Because of this it was nice to take the time to read your post and really watch one of their ads. I agree completely that they relied on pathos for this commercial. I see where Corrie is coming from seeing as I'm not a fan of Cocoa-Cola myself (too syrupy), but I think it makes sense for them to appeal to people's emotions. Coke is popular world wide, and is often a staple at functions throughout people's lives. Although it may only physically be sugar water, it is a drink that people connect over. I think they were just trying to express the unity and happiness that their product often accompanies...although they may have overdone it.

    ReplyDelete